Listen now on your favorite podcast platform:
Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Play | Stitcher | Overcast
Happy New Year everybody! As we kick off 2020, Manuel and David go over the most popular marketing channels adding their own opinion and thoughts on whether they’re overrated, underrated or neutral. Take a listen and let us know what you think!
Our thoughts on:
- Email Marketing – Direct selling, Newsletters
- Text messaging – Direct selling, text messages, Facebook Messenger and SMS
- Direct Mail
- Print Ads
- Outdoor Advertising, Billboards, exterior signage
- Paid Social:
- SEO – Traditional Organic Optimization
- Paid search and display campaigns: Google, Yahoo! Bing
- Content Marketing -Blogs, Articles
- Press Releases
The interesting point is how some of the above channels seem to work on cycles. For example, email marketing was the game when the Internet just started, then it had a period of decadence due to excessive Spam and poor practices, while now it’s making a serious come back thanks to improved messaging and audience segmentation. Ditto for Direct Mail and other marketing options.
As always, let us know what you think!
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!
Subscribe to The Edge Digest and receive weekly news directly in your INBOX >
Check our other stuff out too: